April 18, 2010

Ancestor Approved Award


 Sincere thanks to the following bloggers for the Ancestor Approved Award. I am most appreciative that my blog was even considered let alone presented with this award.


In receiving this award, I am required to tell you things about my ancestors that have surprised, humbled or enlightened me. In some instances the word "amazed" is more appropriate than surprised so I have substituted.

1. I was amazed, humbled and truly enlightened when I realized that my Acadian Ancestors had been deported from their lands by the British in 1755. The intent was to annihilate them.

2. I was enlightened when it was confirmed that Nova Scotia had once been known as Acadie (Acadia) and had been founded by my Ancestors who had left France to pioneer this country in search of a better life.

3. I was humbled when I was asked to participate in the last two World Congresses of Acadians so that I could share the history of our Ancestors. 

4. It was humbling to know and understand the hardships our Acadian Ancestors were subjected to and that because of their faith and love of family our survived and we are here today as a testimony to who they were.

5. I was amazed when I realized my grandfather had 17 children during his two marriages, the last to my grandmother.

6. When I went to France three yeaars ago, iIt was amazing to visit the church where some of my French-Canadian ancestors were born/baptized, married before immigrating to Quebec.

7.When I researched where my French-Canadian grandmother had lived in Quebec, I was surprised when I realized I had passed there on my many trips to Quebec.

8.  To know who I am and where my ancestors were from - what they lived through and the legacy they have left is totally amazing, enlightening and humbling.

All Rights Reserved
Lucie's Legacy
Lucie LeBlanc Consentino

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI LUCIE ,VERY INTERESTING , IM A LEBLANC FROM BAIE ST MARIE,PETTI RUISSEAU,

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you - I have been to Ste-Anne du Ruisseau, Church Pointe etc.. I love visiting Nova Scotia!

Lucie